By Krisin MacDonald
Enjoy summer produce with this festive salad recipe that combines fruit and salad greens! Fresh and sweet, the touch of pecans adds a nice crunch while the blue cheese brings a welcomed tang. What a pretty addition to your 4th of July table!
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup lite raspberry vinaigrette (such as Annie’s Naturals)
- In a large salad serving bowl combine the spring mix greens and baby spinach.
- Layer the berries, pecans and blue cheese on top of the mixed greens. The salad can be refrigerated like this until you are ready to serve it.
- Just prior to serving toss the salad with the raspberry vinaigrette. Enjoy!