By: Kristin M. MacDonald, MS, RD, LDN
Owner, Healthy Appetites Nutrition Counseling, L.L.C.
Many overnight oats recipes call to soak the oats in dairy or almond milk. In this version, the oats are mixed with Siggi’s yogurt and just a little almond milk for a thicker, creamier texture. The end result - a satisfying meal that eats like a mix between breakfast and a dessert parfait. Fruit, protein and fiber for a great start to fuel your day!
- 1 container (5.3 oz.) of Siggi’s vanilla 0% non-fat yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1-tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1-tablespoon raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the oats, yogurt and almond milk in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the diced apples, raisins and cinnamon in another small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mason jar or other container layer half of the oat mixture on the bottom of the container.
- Next, layer half of the sliced bananas, followed by the peanut butter followed by the other half of sliced bananas.
- Next, layer the remaining oat mixture.
- Finally, top the oats with the apple mixture.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Place oats in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.