*unrefined or virgin coconut oil is preferred
1) Chop almonds, dried mango and pineapple roughly into bite size pieces.
2) In a large bowl combine the oats, flax seeds, almonds and cinnamon.
3) Coconut oil is solid at room temperature. Heat the coconut oil until just melted, about 30-45 seconds in the microwave.
4) Pour the melted coconut oil and agave nectar or honey over the dry ingredients. Use a large spoon and stir to combine.
5) In a wide, shallow glass casserole dish spread the mixture out evenly, covering the bottom of the dish.
6) Bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes, until the oats are beginning to turn a light golden brown. Stir the mixture every 5 minutes, making sure to scrap the bottom of the dish to loosen and mix any granola that is sticking.
7) Once removed from the oven and when the granola is still hot, mix in the dried mango, pineapple and cherries.
8) Allow the granola to cool. Transfer to an air tight container for storage.
This granola tastes even better as it sits for a couple of days!